Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween 55

We shall rise from Earth entombing
We shall storm moon-haunted night
We shall glut our hungry wanting
You shall whimper
You shall cry

                       Elder
                Ancient
          Angry
     Endless

We have waited
                Now We Strike

Maws and claws and flames and venom
                See us
                        Fear us
        Flee us
                    DIE

                       Now,
                weak things,

                    Mortality's hour

                           is


                                come



55

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spooky - sounds like something zombies would march to, "Maws and claws and flames and venom" ;-)

Mona said...

Day of the devils for sure :D

Happy Halloween! Death seems to be stalking all the blogs today!

Devotee said...

Kaknu,

hmmm -- a zombie march ... I wonder what John Philip Sousa would have come up with for that ...

Mona,

Yes, ghastliness appears to abound ... but in a good way!

Thanks for stopping by!

Cha Cha said...

Ooooooooooo...

I think I just felt myself shiver.

And the visualness of it...

I felt like you were playing with my eyes.

It felt good too.


Ha! at your Sousa Zombie March. Goodness, how I would love to hear that. I love zombies. Probably a little too much.


For the second time today I have had a good word code below at your blog:

plunsess


You must have a magic touch.

Devotee said...

Strumpet,

My two favorite zombie movies are Sean of the Dead and Fido. If you've missed either of these, rush out to Blockbuster or click into Netflix or do whatever you do to get your DVDs, because they're not to be missed!

I hope you're writing these secret code words down and working up definitions for them. I can really sense the plunsess of your ginga, but I don't know what that means.

G-Man said...

This was an excellent piece of work!
One of the better ones not just today, but EVER.
Thanks for participating again and have a Great Week-End...G

Devotee said...

g-man,

I am honored and humbled by your praise!

You have a great one yourself!