Saturday, January 17, 2009

Double the Fun!

Enthusiectomy 55

I detach and stare blankly
Buffered
Muffled
Afloat in something formless
looking through dull lenses at the lives moving by, 
one of them apparently my own.
Nothing stops me from reaching for passion, 
except that 
my passion for reaching 
has slouched 
down 
in 
apathy. 

Things happen 
yet 
I no longer seem to act. 

Why not?

55

Prodding the Plodding 55

Wake up!
There is so very much to see and do in this world - beauty and worth in bewildering abundance wherever you turn. What fool sits slumped and morose in the midst of glowing wonders? 

Slap him. 

Shake the senseless jackanapes by his collar!
A bold and startling universe hangs in wait for us all.

55

4 comments:

g-man said...

I sure wish you had a calender so you could remember what day of the week it is. The Reason?
More people than just me should be reading what an awesome way with words that you have. Thanks for finally playing, and have a Great Week-End....G

Devotee said...

G-man,

Thanks for the compliment. Yeah, I know I need to be more timely, but there's a lot going on in my life, and sometimes something's got to give. I'm sure you know how it goes!

Akelamalu said...

You know, your second 55 just gave me a slap in the face! I'm sitting here blogging when I could be out there doing something! Great writing. :)

Devotee said...

Akelamalu,

Careful, now! If you're blogging because you want to be blogging, that IS "doing something."

If you're just blogging because blogging is one of the motions you go through when you're feeling like everything is pointless ... that's when you need the wake-up call.

Thanks for stopping in!